Hi everyone! Nancy here today to share with you a simple DIY desk accessories teacher gift to start the year out right.
- Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Paper Pack – Shattered Collection
- Dena Designs Embellish by Dena – Little Azalea Pack
- Plastic Assorted Colors and Sizes Buttons
- Burlap Ribbon – Natural – Sewn Edge
- EK Tools Edger Punch – Dotted Scallop
- Mod Podge
- Bone Folder
- Small Note Pad (5×8)
- Post-it Notes (3×3)
- Pen with Clear Barrel (I used Pentel RSVP)
DIY Desk Accessories Instructions:
Begin your notepad holder by selecting and cutting your papers. I chose the rust colored Shattered cardstock to coordinate with Petunia Aqua, Sunshine Stripe and Yellow Emboss from the Little Azalea Pack. Be sure to save your scraps for the Post-it Note holder and pen.
Cut your papers to the following sizes:
- Shattered 8 1/2 x 11
- Petunia Aqua 5 1/4 x 4 3/4
- Yellow Emboss 5 1/4 x 1
Adhere Petunia Aqua paper, followed by the Sunshine Stripe to the Shattered Cardstock cover using Mod Podge. Remember when using Mod Podge to use light layers so as not to make your paper bubble. I chose Mod Podge for this project as not only will it adhere the paper fully but will provide a protective layer to my finished DIY desk accessories.
- Shattered Cardstock – 6 3/4 x 3 1/2
- Petunia Aqua 3 1/2 x 2
- Yellow Emboss 3 1/2 x 3/4
With ruler and bone folder score the Shattered Cardstock at 3 1/8 and 3 6/8 inches and fold to create covers for Post-it Notes.
Finally, complete your DIY desk accessories by embellishing your pen. Unscrew cap from pen and disassemble.