Cupcakes are such a popular treat. You can find them in specialty shops, the grocery store and even food trucks. How about making them extra special with some DIY cupcake toppers? With just a few supplies your cupcakes can be personalized for any event.
- Patterned scrapbook paper (I used Embellish by Dena Little Azalea)
- Clever Lever extra large giga scallop circle punch
- Plain scrapbook paper (I used Core’dinations Core Essentials in snowflake)
- Darice 2 inch picture circle punch
- David Tutera Celebrate heart embellishments (or other embellishments of your choice)
- Mini Glue Dots
- Tape runner
Step 1. Begin by punching your patterned paper with the large scallop circle punch. Punch as many circles as cupcake toppers needed.
Step 3. Embellish your DIY cupcake toppers. Add as many or as little embellishment as you want. I like the heart die cuts from the David Tutera Celebrate line because they are versatile enough to use for many occasions. They’re great for birthdays, wedding showers, baby showers and more.
You may also like -
Nancy Keslin is a paper crafter and mixed media artist focusing on scrapbook pages, mini albums, and home décor. You can find tutorials, both written and video on her blog, along with other creative inspiration. When not creating she can be found home schooling or driving her children; sometimes simultaneously.