I believe the presentation of a gift is important. But I also believe in not spending a lot of extra money on presentation, and let’s be honest, who has time for intricate wrapping? If you feel the same way that I do, you are going to love these Christmas wrapping ideas with simple bird gift toppers. I love that they are cute and functional. Seriously- it is a dressed up lunch sack! Christmas wrapping ideas don’t get any easier than that!
- Bird Craft Punch, Die Cut or Electronic Cutting Machine File (two per topper).
- Tim Holtz® Kraft-Core™ Paper Pack – Metallic Collection™.
- Core’dinations Circle Ivory Tags- 2 inches.
- Darice Holly Leaves with Berries.
- Darice Baker’s Twine -Red & White.
- Darice Clothespins -1-7/8 inch Small.
- Darice Adhesive Pearls – Goldenrod.
- Darice Craft Paper Sack – White.
- Darice Kraft Paper Sack – Natural.
- Gold Spray Paint.
The first step in creating these Christmas wrapping ideas is to create your bird shape. I used a craft punch from EK Success. Cut two bird shapes per topper from gold metallic Kraft Core.
Add an eye to your bird using a self adhesive pearl.
I used some decorative edged scissors to trim my gift bags to give it a custom look.
It is going to be my new go-to for gift giving! I hope you like it too. If you’re looking for more creative Christmas wrapping ideas, check out this cute crochet bow pattern for gifts.
You may also like -
Shaunte is a chocolate-loving SAHM from Utah. She has been scrapbooking since 1997, the dreaded era of photos cropped with deco scissors. Since then, her work has evolved into a clean, linear, photo-focused style. She has been published a few times, been to a few trade shows, taught a few classes, worked for a few design teams…but has not yet lost the love for this hobby. Shaunte loves it for the creative outlet, and the good people she has met along the way. Her favorite subjects to scrap are her husband and five kids (never a lack for subject material).