I believe the presentation of a gift is important. But I also believe in not spending a lot of extra money on presentation, and let’s be honest, who has time for intricate wrapping? If you feel the same way that I do, you are going to love these Christmas wrapping ideas with simple bird gift toppers. I love that they are cute and functional. Seriously- it is a dressed up lunch sack! Christmas wrapping ideas don’t get any easier than that!
- Bird Craft Punch, Die Cut or Electronic Cutting Machine File (two per topper).
- Tim Holtz® Kraft-Core™ Paper Pack – Metallic Collection™.
- Core’dinations Circle Ivory Tags- 2 inches.
- Darice Holly Leaves with Berries.
- Darice Baker’s Twine -Red & White.
- Darice Clothespins -1-7/8 inch Small.
- Darice Adhesive Pearls – Goldenrod.
- Darice Craft Paper Sack – White.
- Darice Kraft Paper Sack – Natural.
- Gold Spray Paint.
The first step in creating these Christmas wrapping ideas is to create your bird shape. I used a craft punch from EK Success. Cut two bird shapes per topper from gold metallic Kraft Core.
Add an eye to your bird using a self adhesive pearl.
I used some decorative edged scissors to trim my gift bags to give it a custom look.
It is going to be my new go-to for gift giving! I hope you like it too. If you’re looking for more creative Christmas wrapping ideas, check out this cute crochet bow pattern for gifts.