With the kids home for the summer, parents are looking for ideas to keep them busy and avoid hearing those dreaded words, “I’m Bored!” Why not make up a little boredom busters bag to have on hand for when boredom strikes?
This would be a fun project to make with your kids or a great gift for a parent looking for a break! Darice makes lots of fun craft kits for kids that make putting this boredom busters bag together a cinch.
Boredom Busters Bag Supplies:
- Darice Canvas Tote Bag.
- Darice Fabric Markers (Available in Primary and Neon Colors).
- Adhesive-Backed Vinyl and Transfer Tape (or Freezer Paper).
- Cutting Machine or Darice Kraft Knife.
- My Boredom Busters Image or Your Own Design
- Darice Foamies 3-D Activity Bucket – Race Cars.
- Sock Friends Puppets Kits.
- Darice Foamies Animal Masks.
- Darice Sticker Books.
- Darice Wood Craft Packs.
- Darice Make Your Own Friendship Bracelet Kits.
I decided to make my stencil out of adhesive-backed vinyl and cut it using my electronic cutting machine. The design I came up with is a bit complex, but you could absolutely use freezer paper and a craft knife to make your stencil as well.
Start off by ironing the tote bag to give you a nice flat surface to work with. I used transfer tape to pick the vinyl stencil up off the backing and move it to the bag.
Use the fabric markers to color in the stencil. I chose a palette of blues and green. When coloring in the stencil be sure to pull the marker from over the vinyl onto the bag to avoid pushing the tip under the vinyl.
All that’s left to do is fill the tote with boredom busters – crafts and activities.