Who says getting organized can’t be fun? With this project, kids can create and design their very own colorful canisters for all of their art supplies!
Colorful Canisters Material Checklist:
- Paper mache canisters
- Foamie stickers or your choice
- Foamie alphabet stickers
- Black w/ white dots Washi tape or your choice
- Cardstock of your choice
- Acrylic paint of your choice
- 2” paper punch or circle template
- pink pigment ink pad *optional
- Tape runner or glue
- Remove the lid from the canister. Paint the canister and the lid and let them dry. Add another coat of paint and let dry.
- Punch a 2” circle from cardstock and ink the edges with the inkpad.
- Attach a strip of Washi tape around the canister. Press tape firmly in place. Use a tape runner or glue to attach the circle to the center of the canister.
- Place the lid on the bottom of the canister. Use Foamie alpha stickers to identify contents the canister.
- Stack Foamie flower stickers and attach to the circle.
Skill Level: Some basic crafting helpful Approximate Crafting time: 1 hour + dry time
Colorful Canisters designed by Marie Vetrano
You may also like -
Darice was founded in 1954, by Pat Catan, an entrepreneur from humble beginnings who valued hard work and dedication. Today, Darice Inc. is a premier manufacturer and wholesale distributor in the craft industry.