For a twist on the conventional hair accessory, try making a DIY head chain with stone beads. This project is like jewelry for your hair, and looks much harder than it is! If you’re familiar with basic jewelry-making techniques, this tutorial will be second nature for you. Follow the simple instructions below to make your own bohemian-inspired DIY head chain.
- Tape Measure
- Darice 2mm Small Loop Cable Chain in Bright Silver (72-inch package)
- Darice 4mm Sterling Silver Jump Rings (at least 11)
- Darice Semi Precious Nugget Stone Bead Strand (I used Moss Agate)
- Darice 3-in-1 Jewelry Pliers with Cutter
- Darice 2-inch Nickel Plated Brass Eye Pins (at least 4)
Step 12. Attach an 8-12 inch strand of chain from the back center jump ring to the middle of the front beaded eye pins. The 8-12 inch range is for your desired size and fit; you can adjust the DIY head chain accordingly.