Is anyone else head over heels over this stone trend? It’s been around for ages, and it doesn’t show any sign of disappearing. Luckily, it makes for an amazing element in jewelry design. So, for my latest project, I combined agate stone pendants and feathers into an edgy necklace. I adore the earthy, natural touch of the feathers. Here’s how to make this DIY feather necklace yourself.
- Darice 30mm Agate Beads
- Darice 4mm Gunmetal Beads
- Darice 1-inch Black Eye Pins
- Darice 8mm Jump Ring
- Darice 20 Gauge Black Wire
- Darice Almond Pheasant Feathers or Guinea Feathers
- Darice 2mm Small Loop Cable Chain
- Darice Super Glue Instant Adhesive
- Darice 3 in 1 Pliers with Cutter
- Darice All-Purpose Scissors
Step 3. Position the loop so that it is nestled in the agate bead’s hole. At the other end, randomly wrap the wire around the bead several times. There’s no right or wrong way to do this, just make sure it is snugly wrapped around.
This DIY feather necklace project has so much room for customization. It will look totally unique depending on the stone and feather combination. You can even use wire and chain in a different finish, or opt for 4mm beads made out of stone or wood.