Nothing says “winter” quite like a snow globe. This classic decor piece is perfect for adding a festive touch to your desk, book shelf, or counter top. But why stop there? With a few easy jewelry techniques and a couple of supplies from Darice, you can adorn yourself with a wearable DIY snow globe necklace.
- Darice 3-in-1 Pliers with Cutter.
- Darice Sterling Silver Plated Eye Pins.
- Darice 24-inch Sterling Silver Plated Chain (with clasp).
- Darice Venezia 6mm Crystal Bicone Bead Strand. *
- Darice 6mm Jump Rings.
- Darice Rusted Tin Snowflake Charms.
- Scrap Cardboard.
- Silver Liquid Gilding or Acrylic Paint.
- Paint Brush.
- Darice Glass Bottle Charm with Rubber Stopper.
- Darice White Iridescent Glitter.
* I used teal bicone beads for my DIY snow globe necklace. However, Darice offers a wide variety of colors. Choose one that fits your personality and taste! They have sapphire, aqua, clear crystal, and emerald which all work perfectly for winter. Check out all of the color options right here.
Step 5. If you began with a long eye pin, you may have enough wire leftover to create another link. To do this, create a loop at one end of the wire piece using the pliers. Essentially, this step creates an eye pin.
You can also simply bring in an entirely new eye pin to the first link and slide on a bead.
Step 13. Close up the bottle charm with the rubber stopper. Connect the ends of the beaded strands with a jump ring and attach the snowflake and bottle charms. Your new festive DIY snow globe necklace is ready to go!
Check out this idea for a terrarium garden necklace that uses the same glass bottle charms that were used in this DIY snow globe necklace tutorial.