Kids will love the chance to make and wear their own rainbow bracelets! This craft involves an easy-to-follow tutorial for 3 different styles of colorful bracelets: Multi-wrapped braided bracelet, Criss-cross pony bead bracelet, and multi-strand bracelet. Just choose your favorite style and get started!
Rainbow Bracelets Material Checklist:
Multi-wrapped braided bracelet:
- Cut 1 section of cording 32” and another section 16”.
- Fold long cord in half. Place other cord near the center loop. Tie cords near the loop, leaving a small loop.
- Braid the cords and then slide on a pony bead. Knot the cords at the end.
- Wrap bracelet several times around wrist and slide knot through the loop to secure.
Criss Cross pony bead bracelet:
- Cut cording to 20”. Fold in half, knot, leaving a small loop.
- Slide a pony bead over both cords to the knot. Separate the cords and slide a bead on each. Bring cords together and slide on a pony bead.
- Continue the pattern in step 2 until you have the desired size bracelet. Double knot the end and trim off excess cord.
Multi strand bracelet:
- Cut 2 cords 24” ea. Fold both in half and knot leaving a small loop at the end.
- Separate the strands. Tie a knot in each of the center strands about 1” from the knot.
- Slide 5 pony beads on each of the center strands and then knot each of them.
- Bring all 4 strands together and knot them about an inch from the 2 center knots. Knot cords again about 1” from the last knot. Trim cords as desired. Place on wrist; pull ends through the loop, secure between the 2 knots.
Skill Level: Easy Approximate Crafting time: 15 minutes for each bracelet
Rainbow Bracelets by Marie Vetrano