It doesn’t get more festive than these jolly holiday gnomes! You’ll use our wood candlesticks, felt and craft fluff to complete this easy gnome tutorial.
Courtesy of Darice®
Skill Level: No experience necessary
• 9” Wood Candlestick # 9117-32 (or)
• 6 ¾” Wood Candlestick # 9117-31
• Soft Charcoal Felt #10087-80
• Soft Red Felt # 10087-30E
• Soft Green Felt #10087-60
• Wooden Beads #0500-01
• 7mm. Red Pom-Poms # 10550-30
• White Craft Fluff # 30054167
• Gnome Body and Hat Patterns, & Holly Leaf Pattern
• Red Chenille stems #10423-30
• Hot Glue
• Fabric Pins and Scissors
1. Pin Gnome hat patterns to red felt and cut them out. Glue back of hats together along seam edge.
2. Pin Gnome body patters onto charcoal felt and cut them out.
3. Wrap charcoal felt around candlesticks and glue on at top edge and down the back seams.
4. To make the Gnomes beard for the 9” candlestick cut a 17” length of white craft fluff and fold it in half. Glue folded end of white fluff about ¼” below the top edge of the charcoal felt for the Gnomes beard.
5. Separate the white fluff in half about 1’ from top felt edge and glue a wooden bead to the charcoal felt underneath to create the Gnomes nose.
6. For a mustache, cut an 11” length of white craft fluff and separate it into a thinner piece approximately one quarter of original thickness, and fold in half and glue at fold right under the bead nose.
7. Repeat steps 4,5 and 6, using shorter lengths of white craft fluff for the 6 ¾” candlestick Gnome. (13” for beard and 8” for mustache).
8. You may thin the beards and mustaches out at bottom edges by carefully pulling small sections down and off a little at a time. This will create a wispy look.
9. Glue 2 chenille stems inside each red hat, running up the full length of the hat one on each side. After glue dries, the hats can be twisted or scrunched and will hold their shape because of the internal stems.
10. Cut out green felt holly leaves and add 3 red pom-poms for the berries and glue onto the front of the Gnome hats. Put hats onto gnomes pulling them down to cover the tops of their noses.
You may also like -
Darice was founded in 1954, by Pat Catan, an entrepreneur from humble beginnings who valued hard work and dedication. Today, Darice Inc. is a premier manufacturer and wholesale distributor in the craft industry.