It makes me happy when the weather finally gets warm enough for me to open the windows in my house. I love the fresh breeze and hearing the cheerful chirps of the birds! Spring reminds me of birds, and I love incorporating them into my home decor. Today’s project was a simple one- mostly cardstock. Follow along with me to create this little bird’s nest craft framed decor.
Framed Bird’s Nest Craft Decor Supplies:
- Darice Bird and Branch Craft Die.
- Darice Willow Tree Craft Die.
- Tim Holtz & Ranger Distress Collection Paper (Green, yellow, blue, red and brown).
- David Tutera 3.5 x 5 Inch Whitewash Frame.
- Darice Daisy Picture Punch.
- Darice 3 Inch Paper Mache Mini Box (Lid only).
- Core’dinations Patterned Striped.
- Darice Adhesive Pearls.
- Dictionary Page or Similar Patterned Paper.
Begin your bird’s nest craft by selecting the papers you’d like to use from the Tim Holtz Distress Collection. Using die cuts, cut the bird shape using blue cardstock, yellow (for legs and beak) and green (for branch.) Cut tree branches from the willow tree die in green. Set aside.
Assemble bird as shown. Add a small rhinestone eye to your bird. Cut a wing shape from blue cardstock and adhere to bird. Set bird aside.
When the half circles are finished, adhere them stacked together to form your nest craft.
Find a fun place to display your new springtime friend! Here’s another paper crafted decoration to make for spring you may enjoy; mini spring paper wreath.