Displayed on the wall or tucked into bookcases or other displays, embroidery hoop art projects are a great way to add a pop of personality to your decor. This vintage-inspired embroidery hoop art, which features a beautiful steampunk cameo pendant and a delicate crocheted doily, is incredibly fun and easy to make. It would also be a wonderful gift idea for someone special.
- Darice 6-inch Wood Embroidery Hoop.
- Craft Paint.
- Foam Brush.
- 12-inch Square Piece of Scrap Fabric.
- Pinking Shears or Shears.
- Darice 4-inch Crocheted Doily.
- Hot Glue.
- Steampunk Cameo Pendant with Pin Back.
- Darice Red and White Baker’s Twine.
To begin, use the craft paint and foam brush to paint the entire outer ring of the embroidery hoop. Allow to dry completely. (There is no need to paint the inner ring of the hoop, as it will be concealed by the fabric later on.)
I love the vintage feel of the cameo here along with the delicate crocheted doily. A pair of these would look lovely used as bookends or a single one would be a terrific accent to a gallery wall.