If your obsession for food rivals your love for a crafts, you’ll appreciate my latest project. Inspired by Pi Day — set to go down on March 14 — this DIY slice of pie craft garland is adorably mouthwatering. It also proves that even the most simple materials can be used in interesting ways. It totally helps that Darice’s wood pennant banner is extremely versatile; I made a pizza craft garland with it last month.
- Darice Wood Pennant Banner
- Scrap Paper
- Darice Scissors
- Darice Foam Brush
- Acrylic Paint *
- Darice Acrylic Pom Poms in Beige
- Darice Glue Gun
- Darice Washi Tape in Brown or Gold
- Darice Doily Tape in Brown (Alternative)
* The color of acrylic paint that you choose will determine the “flavor” of your pie. I went with a metallic dark pink and vibrant blue. Raspberry and blueberry, perhaps? Other ideas include green (key lime), light brown (chocolate), burnt orange (pumpkin), white (coconut), or red (cherry).
Choosing paint “flavors” was my favorite part of this project. Yeah, maybe I’m a little food obsessed.
Step 5. The Darice wood pennant banner comes with a long strand of hemp. Thread this strand under and through the left hole of the first “pie slice”.
Don’t forget to check out my Pizza Craft Garland version for another fun twist on wood pennant bunting.