Are you heading out for summer vacation with the kiddos? You may need something or some things to keep them busy while you are on the road or at your destination. A kids arts and crafts box full of fun, crafty goodness will keep them busy!
Kids Arts and Crafts Box Supplies:
- Yarn Holder
- Craft Hobby Clear Plastic Tote
- Vanity Storage Box
- Stackable Storage Case
- Pom Pom Balls
- Jumbo Craft Pack
- Bungee Cord
- Parachute Cord Kit
- Googly Eyes
- Assorted Feathers
- Felties Scrap Pack
- Magnet Strip Sticky Back
- Suction Cups
- Acrylic Paint Pots
- Styrofoam Egg
- Craft Sticks Rainbow
- Sticker Book
- Assorted Pony Beads
- Elastic Cord
- Cards and Envelopes
- White Paper
My kids jumped for joy when they saw all these fun supplies I was packing up for our upcoming camping trip. The kids arts and crafts supplies all got divided up for 4 kids. I used a variety of boxes so I could see what would work best and share that information with all of you!
- The Yarn Holder knitting jar is perfect for a smaller selection of craft items. It was a perfect storage container for my 3 year old who doesn’t need as large of a selection of craft items and she tends to dump everything out anyway.
- The Designer Storage tote with the pink handles is the queen of the organization storage containers. The lift out tray with divided compartments provided a lot of room to put beads, googly eyes, pom pom balls, etc. The pull out tray also has its own lid so the items inside when spill out when the tray is being moved around. Plus my 8 year old daughter thought it was the coolest because it has a mirror in the lid.
- The Universal Craft Tote was a great medium size. It also has a lift out tray with divided compartments that were perfect to divide up smaller kids arts and crafts items. It also had plenty of room in the bottom to fit the entire selection of items we divided up. If you are thinking about a tool box style tote I would recommend this one!
- The Stackable Organizer does not have a tray so everything just lays inside. The bonus of this style organizer is that it provides a nice flat surface that can be used as a board to draw on or craft on top of while you are in the car. It’s a great hard, flat surface and everything still fit inside. We did put the smaller kids arts and crafts items into zipper baggies.
This is what the contents look like when sorted into the art boxes. As I said above the Yarn Holder does not hold all of the same supplies everyone else had. But it is great for younger children who need less craft supplies.
My kids can hardly wait for our upcoming trip when they get to play with all this fun crafty goodness. Who knows what they will create, but it should keep them from yelling “I’m bored!” from the back seat. I’m so glad I put together these kids arts and crafts boxes!
You may also like -
Alanna was a Design Manager in the Scrapbooking industry until the birth of her first child. She then turned freelance graphic designer, crafter and stay-at-home mom. Her love of design and flair for crafting keeps her busy at work and in her home life where she loves to create handmade gifts, jewelry and cards for all occasions. Alanna’s craft repertoire includes not only scrapbooking and papercrafting; but also sewing, needle felting, jewelry making, kids crafts and more. She resides in MI with her husband and their four children.