Instagram photos are such a terrific slice of everyday life, so why not turn these memories into a fun set of magnets to enjoy even when you are away from your computer and phone? These Instagram magnets are a cinch to make with clever printable magnet sheets from Darice, and they are a terrific, inexpensive gift idea for dads and grads. Plus, I’ve made a cute printable tag that you can download for free to make packaging up a gift set of these Instagram magnets as easy as can be. Let me show you how to make a set of your own!
DIY Instagram Magnets Supplies:
- Darice Printable Magnetic Sheets.
- Computer and Inkjet Printer.
- Instagram Photos.
- Paper Trimmer and/or Scissors.
- Printable Memory Gift Tags << Click link for FREE download.
- Core’dinations White Cardstock.
- Darice Baker’s Twine.
- Hole Punch.
To begin, transfer some favorite Instagram photos from your phone. (You can do this either by connecting your phone directly to your computer, or simply emailing the files to yourself and downloading them from there.)
Now, use your favorite photo editing software to print the photos onto the shiny, white side of one of the magnet sheets. (See below for the method I used for this step using Picasa, a free photo editing software from Google.)
Use the paper trimmer or scissors to cut out each magnet square.
To package, print the free printable gift tag sheet onto the white cardstock, and cut one of the tags out with scissors. Punch a hole along the top edge. Cut a long length of the baker’s twine and lay the piece on a work surface. Bundle the magnets together in a neat stack, and lay the stack face down on the twine. Wrap the twine around the stack and then twist before flipping the stack over and securing with a knot on the front side.
There are so many possibilities!
I hope you’re inspired to take your favorite Instagram photos and turn them into a tangible, creative set of magnets perfect for sprucing up a fridge or packaging up as a thoughtful, personal gift. These Instgram magnets are one DIY project with that requires a minimal investment of time and supplies but that is sure to be a hit!
Tips for printing Instagram magnets with Picasa:
- Open the photos in Picasa. While pressing the control button on your keyboard, use your mouse to highlight up to 9 photos you wish to print. (If you select fewer than 9, you will have a duplicates of some of the photos.)
- With the photos highlighted, click the “create photo collage” button at the top left, just below the name of the file where the photos are located.
- Under the settings tab, select the “grid” format and set the grid spacing to “none.” From the page format menu, select “square.”
- Click “create collage.”
- When the collage is complete, click the “print” button at the bottom of the screen. Select “full page” and “shrink to fit” before hitting the “print” button on the bottom right-hand side of the screen. (Make sure the magnet paper is loaded into the tray of your printer before doing so!)
You may also like -
Having grown up in a home brimming with sewing notions and paintbrushes, Amy Bell has a deep love for all things creative. On any given day at her blog, Positively Splendid, you’ll find her knee-deep in her latest creative endeavor, with projects ranging from sewing and crafts to recipes, home decor and kid-friendly ideas. Amy believes that everyone, regardless of skill level or experience, possesses the ability to create things that matter with their own two hands, and Positively Splendid was born of her passion for helping others harness their innate creative potential. Amy is married to her high school sweetheart, and they reside outside Austin, Texas with their four young children and one wily beagle.