Looking for a way to tell your favorite teacher how awesome he or she is? This personalized hanging pencil decor for the classroom is the perfect gift! It’s cute, simple, and very fun to create!
Hanging Pencil Decor Material Checklist:
- Jumbo craft sticks
- Core’dinations Cardstock of your choice
- Foamie glitter alpha stickers
- Purple Argyle Washi tape or your choice
- Ribbon of your choice
- White Poster board or cardstock
- Straight edge
- Paper corrugator
- Sanding block
- Tape runner or glue stick
- Hot glue
- Use a straight edge and a pencil to draw a 3.5” x 9” rectangle on poster board or cardstock. Draw a 1.5” triangle on one end. Cut out shape. Trace shape onto poster board and cut out.
- Measure and cut out a 3.5” x 2” rectangle from pink cardstock for the eraser.
- Measure and cut out a 6” x 3.5” rectangle from blue cardstock for the color portion of the pencil.
- Trace the triangle portion of the pencil onto tan cardstock and cut out with scissors.
- Cut a smaller triangle from black cardstock for the lead.
- Attach the cardstock shapes to the poster board with a tape runner or glue stick.
- Assemble and glue the jumbo craft sticks to the pencil.
- Measure and cut ribbon for hanging. Hot glue to the back of the pencil.
- Glue the other poster board pencil to the backside, covering the ends of the ribbon.
- Use Alpha Foamies to spell out name and attach to the pencil.
- Tear off a section of Washi tape and attach to the eraser.
To make a paper flower:
- Cut a 3” square from cardstock. Draw a quick spiral onto the backside of the square. Tear the paper along the spiral, but leave the round section at the center of the paper. Tear off the outside square border.
- Lightly sand the edges of the spiral.
- Roll the spiral starting from the outside in. Glue the round section over the bottom spiral to hold the flower together.
- Fold a 2” section of green cardstock in half. Place paper diagonally into a paper corrugator and run it through. Tear out a half moon shape for the leaf. Sand the leaf and then use your fingers to slightly curl the leaf. Glue the leaf to the bottom of the flower.
- Attach flower to the pencil.
Skill Level: Some basic crafting helpful Approximate Crafting time: 1 hour
Pencil Hanger Decoration by Marie Vetrano