Vacation season is upon us once again. Of course, you can travel any time of the year, but there’s something about summer that radiates the idea of exploration and adventure. If you’re anything like me, you love to use road trips and train rides to brainstorm new ideas. This is where DIY notebooks comes in handy. Whether you’re planning goals, projects, or the next trip, a mini notebook with some fun embellishments can save the day. You’ll see that these little notebooks are fun to make and use!
- Darice Felt Sheets (Cheetah, Charcoal, Black) *
- Darice 3 x 4 Inch Paper Notebooks
- Darice Suede Lace *
- Darice Mini Glue Gun
- Darice Scissors
- Darice Jewelry Connectors (Silver Rectangles and Gold & Blue Evil Eye) *
- Darice Jewelry Pendants (Hematite Vintage Design) *
* The colors and styles for these DIY notebooks were selected based on my personal taste and preference. As always, feel free to go for what suits you! Darice has an extensive collection of felt colors, suede lace, and jewelry embellishments. Pick a combination that best fits your personality.
Want to make the felt cover permanent? Hot glue the back of the notebook to the felt, referring to the placement below.
If you’d like to remove the loops from the charms or pendants, simply snip them away with the cutter portion of heavy duty pliers. This is totally optional, though!
To create a set of travel notebooks, simply repeat the process. These babies also make awesome notebooks to stash away in your purse or car. The suede lace wrap also allows you to save things like ticket stubs, receipts, and other memorabilia while you travel.
Check out this painted travel memory DIY journal for another great idea for embellishing your mini DIY notebooks!
Thanks to Darice’s massive selection of felt, suede lace, and embellishments, you have an endless variety of possible combinations. Pick the styles that speak to you the most; your notebook, your rules.
Readers, what color palette would you choose for your travel DIY notebooks? Let me know in the comments, below. Happy exploring!