I am determined to start this school year out organized! We have a family calendar for appointments and vacations but my daughter needed something just for her deadlines, due dates and school activities at a glance. I wanted to make a DIY calendar that she would actually be excited about using. Of course this means that it needed to be glittery.
Dry erase DIY calendar supplies:
- Core’dinations Glittersilk 12 x 12 Cardstock Pad.
- Darice Black Plastic 11 x 14 Photo Frame.
- 12″ Personal Paper Trimmer.
- Darice Dry Erase Marker and Eraser Set.
- “Days of the Week” Download (this is sized to be printed as a 4 x 6 photo).
The first thing you will want to do is select the paper colors you want to use for your calendar. Glittersilk comes in 20 colors! You will need seven colors for your DIY calendar. I chose happy rainbow colors.
Remove the glass, and return the backing into the frame. If your frame does not come with a neutral backing, you may wish to insert a cut piece of poster board or foam core into the frame. You will need a neutral solid surface to adhere your cut squares to.
Continue until you have five rows of squares.
Use a dry erase marker to add numerals and the month.